First Days Hydrogel Breast Pads (10-pack)
Instant relief for sore nipples
These Hydrogel Breast Pads are designed to make your breastfeeding journey a little easier by providing instant cooling and soothing relief to sore nipples. The special Hydrogel formulation helps you to heal by quickly restoring the skin’s natural moisture. Soft fabric backing helps protect the sensitive skin from further irritation or injury.
Breastfeeding shouldn’t be painful and is a special time for you and your baby. Unfortunately, most mums will develop some soreness whilst learning to perfect baby’s latch.
Your midwife, health visitor or breastfeeding specialist will be able to help you with the positioning to ensure baby is feeding effectively and you are comfortable. Please ask for help if you need to, a little help from an expert could be a really positive step on your breastfeeding journey.
There are other causes for sore nipples, including (but not limited to) baby’s tongue tie, mastitis and thrush. If you have thrush, contact a health professional – do not use your Hydrogel Breast Pads as they could make it worse. Some signs of thrush can include: burning, stabbing feeling inside the breast , red or cracked nipples.
- Pack of 10
- The pads are not absorbent so you will need to use regular breast pads as well to absorb leaking milk.
- You can store the Hydrogel Breast Pads in the fridge for extra cooling effect
- The pads are non toxic and are safe to use on even the most sensitive skin
- Can also be used for other minor wounds.
- Wash hands
- Tear foil pouch and remove breast pads
- Remove backing and place sticky side to nipple
- Before feeding, remove and place on clean surface
- Reapply, dispose of 24 hours after opening.
- Do not clean pads with soap or detergent. Store in a cool, dry place out of the reach of children. Do not use if pouch is opened or damaged. It is not recommended to use if the nipple is visibly cracked or bleeding, be aware of the symptoms of thrush, using the pads with thrush could make the thrush worse.
- Water, Glycerin, Octadecane, Sodium polyacrylate, Sodium carboxymethyl cellulose, Taartaric acid, p-Hydroxyacetophenone, Aluminium glycolate, EDTA, Titanium dioxide.